66% of retail store/mall/shopping center customers as well as 50% of shoppers who prefer online shopping have responded to an ad or coupon in the mailbox in the past 12 months. Our integrated Boost solutions work synergistically to lift response rates by up to 118% and conversion rates by up to 28%.
We work with retailers across the U.S.
Retail Trends to Consider as You Build Your Retail Marketing Strategy
The pandemic has forever changed consumer buying habits along with the expectations consumers have for retailers and their marketing efforts – both brick-and-mortar and ecommerce marketing efforts. Communicating savings and value will be critical for influencing purchasing decisions.
- 46% of consumers are more interested in deals, coupons, or promotions since before the pandemic.
- 32% of consumers will try to stick to a budget, and 31% will consider purchases more carefully than before the pandemic.
- 57% of shoppers are shopping online more frequently than before the pandemic.
- Over 80% of consumers who made use of digital channels during the pandemic will continue to do so after life returns to normal.
- More than 65% of consumers intend to continue new buying behaviors acquired due to the pandemic during the post-vaccine era.
- 56% of consumers plan to use BOPIS (buy-online-pickup-in-store)
The need for consistent, engaging, and trustworthy communications has never been more important. The mailbox has always been a consistent, trustworthy source for consumer interaction and engagement.
Sources: AdMall Audience SCAN 2020; Valassis consumer survey; Prosper Insights & Analytics Monthly Consumer Survey; Chain Store Age
Influence Customers with a Multichannel Marketing Approach
Anchor your marketing strategy with direct mail while boosting its reach and effectiveness with a digital component. Promote awareness of your brand and highlight your products while targeting your best potential customers.
- When print is paired with digital media, advertisers see as much as a 30% increase in response.
- Print drives 11% purchase intent compared to only 4% with digital alone. That’s a 175% INCREASE when anchoring your digital campaign with print!
- Engagement with the mailbox is at an all-time high with daily mail engagement increasing 69% since March 2020 and consumers spending 11 minutes sorting, opening, and reading their mail daily.
- 45% of consumers make purchasing decisions from offers they receive in the mailbox.
- 61% of consumers visited a retailer’s website after receiving a print ad
- Response rates increase by 30% when direct mail is paired with digital targeting.
- Shared direct mail gives you the ability to create one-on-one messages in a tangible format. Addressable geofencing digital ads allow you to reach your target audience with complementary digital ads to boost the effectiveness of your campaign.
Sources: Canada Post Neuroscience Report; Millward Brown Print Campaign Analysis; AdMall AudienceSCAN 2020; USPS Consumer Mail Moments Spring 2020, Summit Research; IPC Cross-Border E-Commerce Shopper Survey 2019
We offer marketing solutions to fit any retail need and budget.
Preprinted Insert Boost Solution
Our preprinted insert distribution options with Boost allow you to target your best customers from the full market of 116+ million households all the way down to the carrier route level with print and digital ads. Add your preprinted insert or advertising circular to our shared direct mail package and save money compared to other direct mail options while increasing your reach and response with digital ads targeting the same audience.
Targeted Insert Boost Solution
Targeted Inserts with Boost give you the flexibility to meet your business needs and budget requirements while targeting the customers most likely to do business with you with print and digital ads. These two-sided, full color pieces available in 9 different sizes allow you flexibility to showcase as many (or few) products or services as you need in a single mailing while targeting the same audience with Boost to increase reach and response.
Quick Response Boost Mover Program
Target movers as they make purchasing decisions with the Quick Response Boost Mover Program. More than 70 brand decisions are made during a move, with consumers spending an average of $9,000. The Mspark Quick Response Boost Mover Program is a trigger-based solo postcard and complementary addressable geofencing digital ads that give our clients the flexibility to target pre- and new movers and reach them within 2-3 days when they are quickly making purchase decisions.