65% of pizza lovers responded to an ad received in the mailbox in the last 12 months. Our integrated Boost solutions work synergistically to lift response rates by up to 118% and conversion rates by up to 28%.
We work with leading pizza delivery establishments and restaurants across the U.S.
Top Pizza Industry Trends to Consider as You Build Your Marketing Strategy
Recent changing consumer preferences and a crowded pizza market have created tougher competition in the pizza category.
- The average American orders pizza twice per month, spending an average of $20 per purchase.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, many homebound consumers turned to the original delivery staple–pizza! In fact, 63% of customers said they sought out pizza during the pandemic.
- Third-party delivery companies and their rapid adoption during the pandemic are changing the face of the pizza industry and creating additional competition. Some pizza brands have embraced this as a way to reach additional consumers and boost business.
- To extend their product lines, many more pizza shops are adding grab-and-go sections. These sections may contain prepared foods, side options and desserts to increase ticket totals.
Sources: Prosper Insights; Datassential.com; PMG Magazine.
Visit our resource page for restaurant and pizza customers to see for more blog posts, success stories, and more information to inform your marketing strategy.
Influence Pizza Customers with a Multichannel Marketing Approach
Anchor your marketing strategy with direct mail while boosting its reach and effectiveness with a digital component. Promote awareness of your pizza restaurant and highlight your menu offerings while targeting your best potential customers.
- When print is paired with digital media, advertisers see as much as a 30% increase in response.
- Print drives 11% purchase intent compared to only 4% with digital alone. That’s a 175% INCREASE when anchoring your digital campaign with print!
- In the past 12 months, 65% of pizza lovers have responded to an ad or coupon in the mailbox and 56% have responded to a digital ad.
- Engagement with the mailbox is at an all-time high with daily mail engagement increasing 69% since March 2020 and consumers spending 11 minutes sorting, opening, and reading their mail daily.
- Mspark’s shared mail package typically averages over 80% readership, helping give your pizza business maximum exposure.
- If a restaurant is nearby, 70% would visit the restaurant with a coupon versus their favorite.
Sources:AdMall AudienceSCAN 2021; Prosper Insights & Analytics; Millward Brown Print Campaign Analysis; Advertising Readership & Response Tracking Study, TNS Custom Studies; Valassis “Defining the Coupon and Value Restaurant Consumer” study, conducted by Technomic;
We offer pizza marketing solutions to fit any budget.
The Wrap Boost Solution
Our Wrap with Boost is a high-visibility shared mail advertising solution that puts your business front and center to promote your brand and showcase your products. This cost-effective saturation product enables you to reach an entire market at a minimum cost with print and digital ads.
Targeted Insert Boost Solution
Targeted Inserts with Boost give you the flexibility to meet your business needs and budget requirements while targeting the customers most likely to do business with you with print and digital ads. These two-sided, full color pieces available in 9 different sizes allow you flexibility to showcase as many (or few) products or services as you need in a single mailing while targeting the same audience with Boost to increase reach and response.
Preprinted Insert Boost Distribution
Do you already have a direct mail piece designed and printed? We can add your preprinted insert to our shared direct mail package, which will save you money when compared to other direct mail options. Targetable from the full market all the way down to the carrier route, this distribution option allows you to reach your ideal customer with your printed insert along with complementary addressable geofencing digital ads to your target audience. These digital ads warm up the mailbox and set the stage for the arrival of your printed piece, increasing reach and frequency of your campaign.