A Changing Landscape for Cable & Internet Providers
In 2019, streaming subscriptions outpaced cable subscriptions for the first time ever. Although streaming continues to grow, a significant number of Americans still lack access to reliable high-speed internet service. How can you elevate your brand to compete with streaming and capture consumers who are still seeking a reliable high-speed connection? Download our infographic and learn how shared direct mail can reinforce your brand and attract subscribers.
The Switch is On!
Nationwide, 12% of adults plan to switch internet providers, and 15% plan to switch cable/satellite TV providers within the next year.
- Of potential internet provider switchers, 63% responded to a promotion or offer in the mailbox in the past 12 months.
- Similarly, 64% of potential cable/satellite TV provider switchers responded to a promotion or offer in the mailbox in the past 12 months.
(Source: AdMall AudienceScan 2019 Study)
Potential Switchers Look for Value in the Mailbox
- 59% of potential internet switchers and 61% of potential cable/satellite switchers usually read the offers they receive in the mailbox.
- 33% of potential internet and cable/satellite switchers rank the mailbox as the best source for promotions and offers.
- 25% of potential internet switchers and 24% of potential cable/satellite switchers make buying decisions based on promotions or offers available to them.
- With the economic uncertainty resulting from the global pandemic, 46% of consumers are more interested in deals and promotions now than before COVID-19.
Source: AdMall AudienceScan 2019 Study, Valassis Consumer Survey May 2020)
Not only does direct mail communicate value, it reinforces your brand and blunts competitors.
- Keep your brand top-of-mind by placing it in your customer or prospect’s mailbox and blunting competitors.
- Whether you choose the impact postcard, wraps or a variety of insert options, we find optimal results come from replicating your online branding and design.
- By reinforcing awareness developed online, we can help you drive the next action step of traffic to your website or call centers.
Consumers in our markets are strongly influenced by promotions and advertising inserts for purchases.
- In fact, 48% of our consumers look for promotions and offers IN THEIR MAILBOX, more than internet, newspaper, and magazines.
(Source: Prosper Insights & Analytics Consumer Survey May 2020)
Our consumers look in their mailbox for promotions, and they look to their TV for entertainment.
- Consumers in our markets are 10% more likely to strongly agree that TV is their main source of entertainment.
- Our consumers are 12% LESS LIKELY to cut the cord than consumers in urban metros.
- Our consumers are 8% less likely to subscribe to paid streaming service as an alternative to cable TV. Alternatively, they more often turn to broadcast network websites for content.
Opportunity: Promote your free VOD services that allow viewers to access all of that content at the touch of a remote.
Our Consumers Want Their Sports
- Our consumers LOVE college sports – particularly college football. Not every streaming service offers all of the sports channels you need to watch your teams games, but Cable does.
- 21% more likely to be very interested in college football
- 6% more likely to be very interested in college basketball
- 20% more likely to be very interested in college baseball/softball
Opportunity: Attract and retain subscribers in our markets by promoting your college sports offerings.
(Source: Simmons Consumer Research)
Direct mail drives response
See how our shared direct mail has helped businesses like yours drive traffic and increase ROI.
- Objective: A national cable provider was looking for a cost-effective way to replace newspaper and accelerate new customer acquisition while reducing cost per inquiry.
- Solution: Mspark partnered with the provider’s agency to create custom targeting profiles to identify desired households in high-value markets and target them with a 4-page insert with an aggressive intro offer for internet/cable/phone.
- Results: Shared mail lowered the average cost per call by 59%. Print volume increased 350% as new campaigns and markets were integrated into shared mail.
See additional examples in our infographic.
By partnering with Mspark, you leverage direct mail experts who are familiar with your industry and needs. We offer full service: data analytics, design, print, postage, delivery, and reporting, as well as a variety of products to fit your budget and goals. We have the ability to target to the carrier-route level, allowing you to focus on consumers who are eligible for your services and most likely to do business with you. Download our infographic to keep this helpful information at your fingertips. Reach out to discuss your goals and strategy today!